Friday, January 20, 2006




This 1989 La Marzocco Linea 2 group was taken out of a local coffeeshop. As you can see, this machine is in very poor condition. It was pulling shots and steaming milk right up to the time I replaced it for the owners with a new one.

The La Marzocco is an incredibly good machine, in my opinion, one of the best. I have a certain fondness for the LM's and that is the reason this machine will be going to the bench for restoration and maybe a little hot-rodding.

This project is not for the faint of heart as it is going to require a complete strip down and rebuild and I'm not sure what I will find when I open it up. The first step will be descaling the boilers. I'll post notes and pics of my progress.

Stay tuned...!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire you for taking this on - not only are you giving this superb machine a new life but a very lucky someone is going to kiss the ground you walk on when they have it up and running in their home/business!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

It is a worthy project but I don't believe it requires "kissing the ground I walk on". A heart-felt thank you and cash should do the trick!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home